Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why is this blog's url "CzarThoughts?"

Well, its a great question I'm glad one of you asked! Well...no one asked BUT I figured I'd share anyway.

Czar is defined as "any person exercising great authority or power in a particular field."

The goal of this blog is to be a place that people who are exercising great authority (czar)in their respective arenas - ministry, culture and leadership, etc - can meet, converse, engage and exchange ideas (thoughts)as these worlds collide with the rest of culture for the purpose of promoting Christ. (TALK ABOUT A RUN ON SENTENCE! Jeesh!)

Plus, another definition for Czar is "an emperor or king." 1st Peter 2:9 declares that those that are in Christ are royalty. So Christ made you a Czar.

So for all of you Czars (and future Czars) out there, I'm glad you're hear. If you are reading this, then you are a Czar, so share your thoughts. I'll discuss cultural issues (music, movies, race, TV, technology) , ministry topics as well as some leadership stuff that I learn along the way. So again, share your thoughts, I'll be sharing mine.

No comments: