Friday, December 7, 2007

On the 2nd day of Christmas...

Continuing on my list of people given as gifts to me. On the 2nd day of Christmas the person given to me:

Gideon (Jean Alexandre) from Antioch Alumni

Gideon is a really down to Earth guy with a passion for hip-hop and ministry. I originally me Gideon at this guy Lamar Callahan's release party. I had the chance to meet and share the stage with Bobby Bishop, Antioch Alumni, Sev Static as well as a few others. Gideon was the only other person on the spot that lived in Rhode Island. So we exchanged info and went our way. Then, about 9 months later I found his contact info. I decided to give a call and then we just started kicking it from there.

He shared his heart of how he really saw what he does in music as a ministry and wanted to be a help to anyone who needed it in music. So out of his own pocket he bought the equipment necessary to run a decent recording studio out of his home and wanted to allow artists to record for free.

So, Gideon allows me (when our schedules don't conflict) to record my music for free and he is a blessing to record with. Though we have some varying tastes in music, we work well together and he doesn't let me record anything lazy. He even corrects me and helps me get the sound right. We've got some great stuff recorded together so far and I'm hoping for a lot more.

So my second day of Christmas gift is Gideon. God bless you. You are a real gift to me.

See you Monday for the 3rd day of Christmas - you never know, you might find yourself on here.

Feliz Navidad

1 comment:

Gideon Valor said...

Ha, nice. You gonna make me cry homie =). I appreciate it man, you are a blessing to me and my family as well. You are a true friend and man of God.