Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Concluding my 12 Days of Christmas

Okay, let's conclude the series.
On the 11th Day of Christmas the gift given to me - My grandparents
There's something about being raised by your grandparents that gives you an interesting view of life. Love and parenting from people with experience allows to you get away with a little less (they've seen it all before) but it also gives you the benefit of learning from people who have the advantage of 20/20 vision. They've seen it, so they know where to point you. My upbringing was FAR from perfect, but my the people of my upbringing are gifts to me. I love you both, can't wait to see you again. I hope that my 27 years of life have made you proud (so far). My gifts, my grandparents.

Let's all sing along now: On the 12th day of Christmas the gift given to me - My wife
I can honestly say I married my best friend. She is the best thing to ever happen to me outside of birth and salvation. She's beautiful, witty, encouraging, sincere and full of love, wisdom, patience and kindness. I was made the luckiest man in the world when we met on November 4th, 2000 and the happiest man on Earth when we married November 27th, 2004. I love my wife more than any other human being, and the look in her eyes tells me that she loves me too. The words of her mouth say it, but the eyes say what the mouth can not. She's lovely. She's wonderful. She's perfect (for me). She's my gift. My most precious gift. She's my wife. I love you Nichole.

There you have it, the 12 days of Christmas. With that said - happy Boxing Day to all of my European/Canadian readers.

No comments: